Michael J. Shivick, Esq., is a smart and creative attorney with over 10 years experience in litigating consumer law, contracts, insurance company failure to settle, residential and commercial leases, residential and commercial eviction cases, zoning appeals, and other cases in and out of Massachusetts courts. Mike has collected judgements in every county in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, totaling hundreds of thousands of dollars.
Mike has successfully argued in the Massachusetts Court of Appeals, shutting down an infamous landlord once and for all, after coming up through Legal Services of Worcester and Western Massachusetts as a volunteer at the Lawyer for the Day program in Housing & Small Claims; having worked previously as a law clerk at Juvenile Court.
Attorney Shivick was awarded his Juris Doctor degree from Western New England University in Springfield, MA, in 2012; graduated from the state’s flagship university University of Massachusetts at Amherst in 2006; Quinsigamond Community College in 2003; and Leicester Public Schools in 1999.
Attorney Mike Shivick was admitted to the Commonwealth of Massachusetts Bar on his first attempt in 2012, then immediately founded his practice. Attorney Shivick was admitted to the bar for the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts in February 2021.
Mike was elected Selectman for the Town of Leicester in a landslide victory in his first public election in 2016, garnering 72% of the vote, and previously worked as a Legislative Aide in the Massachusetts Senate at the State House in Boston. In 2020, Mike righted the ship of his town’s water commission and moved an impossible project forward, despite taking incredible public heat from establishment politicians for exposing the problems with the water and sewer districts in Leicester.
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts Bar
- United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts
- J.D. Western New England University 2012
- B.A. University of Massachusetts – Amherst 2006 – cum laude
- A.A., Quinsigamond Community College 2004
- Water Commissioner, Town of Leicester, Chair 2020
- Water Commissioner, Town of Leicester 2019
- Select Board, Member, Town of Leicester 2016
- Legislative Aide – Massachusetts Senate 2008
- Personnel Board, Town of Leicester, Chair 2010
- Personnel Board, Town of Leicester, Member 2007